Topic: Rules round us Material: Oxford English 6A, Unit7, page 45
Class: Class 5, Grade 6 Date: November 21, 2017
Teacher: Sandy (董智凝)
After having this lesson, my students will be able to
- use prepositions to indicate places.
e.g. We have rules on the road.
- use modal verbs to express obligation and prohibition.
e.g. We must wait for the green man.
- know the importance of the rules in different places.
|Pre-task preparations||1. Play a game.||To get warmed up.|
|2. Answer some questions and talk about the rules.||To get interested in the new topic|
|1. Have a brainstorm about where we have rules.||To think of as many places where we have rules as possible|
|2. Read the text and pay attention to different prepositions.||To practise reading and learn the uses of different prepositions|
|3. Look at some signs and tell the rules and the possible places.||To learn the uses of the modal verb “must”|
|4. Ask and answer in pairs about different signs.||To practise using the modal verb “must”|
|5. Read more rules and ask and answer in pairs.||To continue practising using the modal verb “must”|
|Post-task activities||Make a poster on five rules in different places in groups and make a report.||To practise speaking ability and learn to make rules and reports.|
1. Read the text on page 45 and recite it.
2. Show the poster and tell the rules to other groups.
1. Finish Workbook page 42.
2. Make a poster of at least five rules at home, put it on the wall of your bedroom and obey the rules in the future.